Tower Hotel, Hawthorn East
Meeting Commenced: 8:00
- Mica, a new Kiwi pilot joined the meeting and made an enquiry about membership
Items For Sale
- Rod has a harness, vario and Lightspeed for sale (contact Gabe for details)
- Geoff Tozer still has Climax for sale
- No MHGC member present
- Gabe has kindly agreed to represent the MHGC at VHPA meetings every second month
- No incidents have been reported
- Thistle Hill padlock code was given. Please contact a committee member for details
- Enquiry about whereabouts of (new?) Landscape key. Apparently Adam has details.
- Club members with St Johns first aid certificate will need to be refreshed as 3 years is nearly up (early next year). VHPA will reimburse costs. More details to be discussed at next meeting.
- Towing will be available on Melbourne Cup weekend at Locksley. Posts will be made about the suitability of conditions closer to date
- Some pilots from the club will be flying in the Bright area during the Melbourne Cup weekend. Staying at The Outdoor Inn (AKA Camp Krusty)
- The glider maintenance night has been proposed for 11th November. Pete H will confirm this date.
- Forbes has several competitions commencing in December
Meeting close: 8:40
- Peter H gave an informative presentation/ Q&A about airspace restrictions and the interpretation of airspace maps. This also included details on the use of air band radio