Tower Hotel, Hawthorn East
Meeting Commenced: 8:00
- A Norwegian pilot visiting (via the USA) came along. She’ll be based here for around 6 months and is looking to buy a second hand intermediate wing to get started.
Items For Sale
- Currently nothing up for sale from any attendees
- It was brought up that paragliders will be flying Mt. Dandenong soon. They are currently discussions under way with regards to the expansion of the launch area for them.
- Portsea – discussions under way with Parks Victoria to sort out the launch.
- The Southern Microlight Club is reportedly looking for a new base and is looking at Locksley.
- No incidents have been reported
- It was brought up that there was an incident recently at Thistle Hill, where a HG inadvertedly scared stock upon landing, which party destroyed a fence. The landowner was extremely unhappy and has made a complaint. Pilots are reminded to ensure they land in the designated field.
- It was decided that the glider maintenance night be postponed until the winter time. Exact dates to be confirmed closer to the time.
- It was suggested that the annual parachute repack night be held not long after this – well in time for the start of next season. Again, exact date to be confirmed.
- Birchip flatter than the flatlands ground towing competition is approaching over the Easter weekend, pilots are invited to put teams together and enter. See http://www.sacra.biz/fttf for details
- Due to popular demand, Peter Holloway has agreed to run ground tow endorsements and practice at Locksley over the Labour Day weekend, in time for Birchip.
- Some pilots from the club will also be flying in the Bright area over the Easter weekend. Staying at The Outdoor Inn (AKA Camp Krusty)
Meeting close: 9:10