MHGC Monthly Meeting
Tower Hotel, Hawthorn East
Meeting Commenced: 8:05
Apologies: Merv and Dave M.
- A recent paragliding accident at Bright discussed
- Ways to increase hang gliding and paragliding in Australia discussed
- Licensing issues with Parks Victoria. Minor improvement will be made to several sites in the meantime.
- Two pilots have recently had check flights
- 1 aerotow endorsement has been completed
- A mid-air collision occurred with 2 MHGC members at Thistle Hill. No injuries occurred. The need to be more observant and knowing the whereabouts of other nearby gliders was discussed
- Big K week at Birchip. 24/11 – 2/12. Contact Hugh
- Our Xmas party will replace our normal meeting on the 19th December. MHGC will provide a BBQ for members and their families.
- Adriel discussed a grant that he may apply for on behalf of the MHGC
- Tim and Merv will be demonstrating hang gliders to a ridiculous number of Scouts on the weekend.
Meeting close: 8:55
Special Presentation: Pete H. presented an exclusive video on the journey of a young woman as she learns to hang glide in Florida. A very classy production indeed.