MHGC Club meeting minutes – 17-04-2013
Meeting open – 7:45
· Pete, Merv, Brett, Brad
New Members / Announcements
· Welcome to Andrew – A potential new member came along to the meeting with Johannes. He is a colleague of Johannes and is very keen to learn. He’s been to Locksley once and had a flight with Peter and is keen to learn to fly.
· Merv has announced that he has decided to retire from the sport (for now). He is selling his gear. Contact Merv for details.
Wanted / For Sale
· As above – Merv’s glider (a Sting 1) is for sale along with harness and related equipment.
· A number of members expressed an interest in buying a used Fun
· No incidents reported
· A number of pilots have recently gained endorsements with Peter Holloway, as well as several pilots attaining their Advanced rating.
· Peter Holloway also announced two recently qualified tug pilots – Nick and Rob.
· There are discussions under-way about getting a plaque in memory of Steve Ruffles for Mount Buffalo, as well as discussions around naming Porepunkah airstrip after him.
· It was discussed that as a club the MHGC need to organise emergency markers for our flying sites.
· ANZAC Day – 25th April (Thursday). There are no events planned however, Peter Holloway is planning on heading up to Locksley for the full four days (weather permitting). All welcome to come along. Contact Peter for further details.
· Queens Birthday – The club is planning on heading up to Boort for this long weekend for a fly in and BBQ.
Meeting Close – 8:30