MHGC Monthly Meeting at the Tower Hotel, Hawthorn East
Meeting Commenced: time: 20:00
- New Members: Peter (sorry, forgot surname), and old-school pilot wants to come back to hanggliding after 20 years – we hope to meet you flying soon!
- Items For Sale/Wanted: Kiwi Colin has a brand new Flytec vario 6010 (I think) for sale
- SSO Update: no current accident since last meeting – some discussed after the meeting
- Instructors Report from Peter Holloway: Pete H currently has 4 students, plus Emma and Shan are both flying solo and should ge signed off relatively soon
- Last meeting was a small event, the working bee at Flinders and Portsea was discussed, and payment of 800$ (or thereabouts) for a weather station in Gundowring to the NEVHGA approved.
Recent and Upcoming Events:
- Boort winter fly in over the Queens Birthday weekend was great fun, but relatively small event (max of 15 pilots on sunday). Lots of launches with 2 towlines busy over all days. Good fun, two supervised pilots gained lots of experience and we all had fun. Sunday was quite windy but smooth, which made for lazy launches and landings – no need for running.
- We stayed at the Biggin Hill Airfield Clubhouse – definitely going there again! Great place with toilets, fridges (one full of beer), heating, electricity – showers might be in by next year, but have not been a problem – we just used the public ones in Birchip. No noisy neighbours from the campsite, 10$/night and head.
After the official part we had a 1 hour open discussion on safety and how to improve our current, not so impressive record as a club. The results have been sent out via yahoo group.
Meeting close; approx 22:00