Dear MHGC member,
The MHGC Annual General Meeting and awards night will be held at the Tower Hotel, Hawthorn, (8 pm, 16th July). During this meeting we will vote for our committee for 2014/2015 and present our club awards.
Nominees for Committee Position
Currently we have someone standing for each committee position, however feel free to nominate yourself for any of these roles now in writing, or verbally on the night.
Currently positions are:
- President – Dave Moore
- Treasurer – Noel Bear
- Sectretary – Johannes Straub
- Committee Member -Pete Cass, Neale Halsall, Brad Howard, Brett Huggan and Glen Bachelor
All current Committee members are willing to fulfill their role for another year except Brad Howard, who has to pull out due to job requirements. Thanks for your effort in the last years, Brad!
But of course everyone is invited to stand up and nominate themselves. There are also a few non-committee roles that need to be filled to keep the club going:
- Senior safety officer (SSO, currently Pete Holloway)
- Meeting events coordinator (need one!)
- Librarian (currently Johannes)
- Web master (Currently Will Faulkner)
- Yahoo Groups and Facebook moderators (Glen Bachelor+ others)
- SMS Coordinator (Scotty)
- VHPA representatives (currently Dave, but would be good to find one more)
In order to encourage attendance to this years AGM we will once again hold a free raffle for 2 bottles of quality wine. No strings attached, just show up and show your support.
Typically we arrive for the meeting at from 7 on for a meal and/or drinks. The official meeting starts at 8.
Now is also the time to think about who to nominate for club awards. These include:
- The Peter Bachelor Award for outstanding service to the MHGC club
- The MHGC Encouragement Award for a new and enthusiastic pilot
- The Whitey Whiteman award (presented by Rob Wenban) for a pilot who unfortunately does the most damage to his glider with the least damage to themselves.
(please send nominations to email@example.com or let a committee member know!)
It’s that time of the year to pay our contribution to keep the Melbourne Hang Gliding Club in BBQ’s and parachute repacks and support for our sport, eg landowner support & hampers – essential to keep our sites running.
So pay $30 to Noel Bear (or any committee member with your name) at the next meeting or netbank $30 to BSB: 063113 Acct: 10932311 & include your surname & reason eg “Bear subs”. Note the new bank account details so please don’t use the old one.
We will also discuss the results of the Member’s Survey from a few weeks ago and hope you will help us to use the outcome for to improve the way the club is going!
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the AGM!
your MHGC Committee
PS: a note from the secretary: Do you know a member that does not follow the Yahoo group and Facebook, and never checks the website? Let me know, and I will contact them to make sure that everyone is informed. Ta!